Writing Contest - #ReverseATrope
It's that time of year again, folks! The time of year when we ask you, the brilliant writers of the world, to participate in another one of our quarterly writing contests! This time, we want you to challenge yourself and think outside the box. Or inside the box—whichever one you weren't doing before.
Everyone knows the classic tropes. They've been rewritten and redone a thousand times, but they still follow the usual formula. A couple has a misunderstanding and separates, but we all know they'll work it out and get back together in the third act. But what if they didn't? What if they both moved on and found better partners and lived happily ever after? For our writing contest, we want you to challenge yourself and #ReverseATrope. You'll have two months and 1,000-3,000 words to tell a story that turns a classic trope on its head. Whether it's the story of a man who finds a genie and makes reasonable wishes that end happily, or the story of a zombie outbreak that is quickly contained and cured, we want to see what happens when you #ReverseATrope.
- 1,000-3,000 words in length.
- You must submit your story by October 10, 2016
The winner of the #ReverseATrope writing contest will receive:
- 1 Kindle Fire
- 1 $50 Amazon gift card
- A feature on our blog
Terms and Conditions:
- The promoter of this contest is Amberjack Publishing.
- Employees of Amberjack Publishing or anyone else connected in any way with the contest or helping to set up the contest shall not be permitted to enter.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this contest.
- Link to entry form for the contest and details of how to enter are located here: http://bit.ly/2aN7Iuu.
- Closing date for entry will be October 10, 2016. After this date, the no further entries to the contest will be permitted.
- Exceptions will not be made for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Contest rules and prize information can be found at: http://bit.ly/2aN7Iuu
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Promoter will notify entrants of any changes to the competition as soon as possible.
- Winners will be chosen on October 20, 2016.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted, or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- All entrants must agree to their work being published on Amberjack Publishing's website if they are chosen as the winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect to all matters regarding the contest will be final and no correspondence regarding the contest will be entered into.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, image, and contest submission in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or any other social network. Entrants are providing their information to Amberjack Publishing and not to any other party.
- By entering this contest, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.